1.5kg Chicken Drumsticks
6 cloves of garlic
2 large onions
15g ginger (skin removed)
2 tsp Dried Shrimp Paste
3 Tbsp Vegetable or Canola Oil
1.5 Tbsp Sesame Oil
2 Tsp Chili Powder
2 Tsp Salt
400ml Coconut Milk
400ml Coconut Cream
3 Tbsp Chickpea Flour (Besan)
InstructionsBlend garlic, onion, ginger, and shrimp paste together until smooth.
- Blend garlic, onion, ginger and shrimp paste together until smooth.
- In a large pot, add in oils and stir fry the blended paste for 5 minutes.
- Add in chicken drumsticks, coat with mixture and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add in coconut milk and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Add in chili powder, salt, and water.
- Stir in the coconut cream and slowly bring to a boil while constantly stirring to ensure the curry does not curdle. Lower the fire and let it simmer.
- In a small bowl, mix the Chickpea flour with a tablespoon of water to form a paste.
- Add the paste to simmering curry and mix well.
- Let the curry cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve curry over cooked rice or noodles.
- When serving, add crispy noodles, fried onions, and peanuts as garnishes.