- 200g Digestive Biscuits / Plain Chocolate Biscuits or Ginger Nut Biscuits
- 115g Melted Unsalted Butter
- 3 Tbsp White Sugar
- 500g Mango flesh
- 4.5 tsp Gelatin powder
- 125ml cold water
- 500g softened Cream Cheese
- 150g Caster Sugar
- 300ml Whipping cream
- Cubed pieces of fresh mango
- Line a 22cm springform pan with paper on the base and grease sides with butter.
- Using a food processor, finely process your choice of biscuits.
- When biscuits resemble breadcrumbs, combine them with unsalted butter and sugar.
- Press the mixture firmly on the paper base of the tin.
- Puree the mango flesh in a food processor until smooth.
- In a bowl, gently sprinkle the gelatin powder over the cold water and stir. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Place the gelatin mixture in the microwave for 15 seconds on high. Remove and stir well until dissolved. Repeat for another 15 seconds. Stir well again and set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- In the food processor, combine the pureed mango with cooled gelatin mixture, sugar and softened cream cheese. Check that the mixture is smooth.
- Pour into prepared springform pan.
- Refrigerate for overnight.
- To serve, remove from pan and top with cubed fresh mango pieces.